20 Stunning Fuerteventura Photos To Inspire Your Wanderlust
Fuerteventura Island is a volcanic island in Spain (one of the Canary Islands just off the coast of West Africa). The scenery in Fuerteventura is simply stunning, with rolling sand dunes and volcanic landscapes. There is also the other-worldly Lobos Island just off the coast of Fuertentura.
This page contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The capital of Fuerteventura is Puerto Del Rosario. Another popular tourist resort on Fuerteventura island is the harbour town of Corralejo. However, it is Fuerteventura’s amazing sand dunes at the Las Dunas Natural Park which really steal the show and capture the imagination.
You will find a map of Fuerteventura , hotel suggestions and related reading links at the bottom of this post.
Photos of Fuerteventura Island
These pictures of Fuerteventura are stunning, but nothing compares to actually being there in person! A good idea is to base yourself in Corralejo, and then either hire a car with Discover Cars or book tours through Viator.
Map of Fuerteventura
This map of Fuerteventura goes with my post 10 Great Things to Do in Fuerteventura (there are more Fuerteventura images in this post). You can click the blue icons on the map to see more information about each place. Click the star to add to your own Google Maps.
Where to Stay in Fuerteventura
I recommend basing yourself in Corralejo. Here are my picks for hotels in Corralejo:
- High end hotel: Secrets Bahía Real Resort & Spa Adults only
- Mid-range hotel: Barceló Corralejo Sands
- Budget hotel: Hélène Holidays and Retreats
Alternatively, have a look at the current deals on hotels in Corralejo on Booking.com. I recommend reserving your room immediately to avoid price increases (you can always cancel later, most properties on Booking.com allow free cancellation right up to the day before).
Fuerteventura Photos: Related Reading
Here are some more blog posts about the Canary Islands which might interest you. Fuerteventura is just a 15 minute ferry ride away from the stunning volcanic landscapes of Lanzarote.
- Which Canary Island is the Best? All 8 Islands Reviewed
- 14 Amazing Things to do in Lanzarote, Canary Islands
- 10 Great Things to do in Fuerteventura, Canary Islands
- 14 of the Best Beaches in Fuerteventura
- 10 Best Things to do in Corralejo, Fuerteventura
- 20 Dramatic Lanzarote Photos to Inspire Your Wanderlust
- Lobos Island: Ultimate Guide to Visiting Isla Lobos, Fuerteventura
More Posts with Amazing Photos
Do you like photo posts? You might love these ones too:
- 26 Stunning Photos to Make you Want to Visit Cyprus
- 20 Dramatic Photos of Lanzarote Island
- The Benefits of Travelling Alone: 10 Reasons to Travel Solo
- Fuerteventura Photos: 20 Beautiful Landscape Photos
20 Stunning Fuerteventura Photos: Pin it For Later
I hope these Fuerteventura photos have inspired your wanderlust and helped you to plan your trip in Fuerteventura. Feel free to let me know your favourite Fuerteventura photos in the comments below.
Travelling soon? Check my 20 Must-Have Travel Essentials post before you go.
Found this post helpful? Buy Me a Coffee!
You are reading Hazel’s Travels – an online publication and travel blog which aims to provide advice and inspiration for travel in Europe, the UK and USA.Tags: Beaches, Canary Islands, Europe, Fuerteventura, Spain, Viewpoints